Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

 
Thanksgiving is an opportunity for all of us to take a moment and appreciate our God, country, family and friends.

Living in some pretty scary and impoverished places over the past several years has, for me, underscored the fact that as Americans we have so much for which to be thankful. We live in the greatest country in the world, defended by brave young men and women, who aren’t able to be with their families this holiday season. Please remember them, because they are finishing a 12 to 16 hour shift in a pretty remote and dangerous place.

I have much to be thankful for. This marks the first time since 1998 that I am able to spend Thanksgiving at home in San Antonio, and I couldn’t be more excited about spending time with my family and friends. I hope you get to do the same. I am healthy, I get to eat breakfast tacos every morning and I have a wonderful family and amazing friends that are making sacrifices to ensure we are successful on this adventure.

If you’re traveling, please be safe. And if you’re able to spend this time with those you love, be thankful for that.

Thank ya’ll from the bottom of my heart and have a happy Thanksgiving.

-W